Saturday, August 2, 2008

First 5 days !

Finally the day came which ended my "student life". Very first day had the experience of "traffic jam". If I remember properly,was late by 5 mins I guess.Was asked to fill some papers and that took half a day. Then I met my manager . I had already met him once during my interview, 5 months before though!do I have a very poor memory or some confusion?? he appeared totally different to what I had thought. But yes, I could recall my interview day , later after 2days when I again spoke with my manager . Same thing happened with another person who had taken interview for me! ok me writing something like this....is this making sense??what if it doesnt?? nyways my blog , my wish !
Manager introduced my "buddy"- who will be the point of contact for all help(tech and general) , and he took me around, showed my cubicle....introduced the team members, took for lunch etc etc . He showed my cubicle and way to his' in such a good way , I could easily make to my seat from the next day without roaming here and there! laptop was being configured , and I was asked to study some materials, this continued for the rest of the days with some assignments. I really find difficult to recognise people....remembering names....if they r in my team or not....1 face seems familiar, where have I seen before ! some1 is coming should I smile or not....what if the other person doesnt recognise me !All this happened all the 5 days!!That'll get better after some more days :)
My only problem is food! morning before finishing my plate, a glass full of milk will be kept in front of me . All this happened coz I asked aunt to give me half cup of coffee and I cant drink the whole! she shifted to milk :( I had stopped drinking milk nearly 6-7 years ago! and now, every morning feel like puking. Next I tell her to please fill only half the tiffin box . she says yes, but everyday only half the box will be empty when my stomach is full! Thanks there is place at NetApp for food waste. I know its bad to throw food like that when in India..................................but still I'm helpless. I cant take the box unemptied !Night again I really get tired to finish the plate....and aunt inbetween keeps telling....'you should b like this...tht....eat that.....'. Only thing that came to my mind was....if only I was at my home, and my mother had done all this to me....I'd have shouted at her, kept the milk glass untouched and brought back the box as it is ! next, how disciplined I am at their place! daily I fold my bedspreads as soon as I get up!wash my clothes! wash my plates! keep the shoe neatly at the rack....fold my clothes...offff what not! I think aunt will die if she sees my room at my house!
hmmm coming back, 5 days passed so quickly!hey I felt happy to be there actually . Really a great place to work. Got to learn many things . have a gr8 scope for improvement. One blunder I did ! .... had to mail to some desk requesting for the subscription of dl-btc-all. I dunno what I was thinking! I was actually studying some stuff, a script was runing parallely , and I got msg from shruthi to subscribe for this ! instead of addressing to the desk, I sent the mail to dl-btc-all. This mail goes to every1 working for NetApp at Bangalore! offfff within no time, my inbox was filled with mails from many, correcting my mistake ! I deserved that for spamming every1 with my mail! hey, also the otherway its so nice of them na...they bothered to correct me! whatever, had a hearty laugh after that with shruthi !
So , my "professional life" has started! and I have some training also regarding that in the next week. Lets see how that and my work after that goes."All the best Shubhada, I wish u dont make any more blunders there, its ok even if u dont come up with wonders for some time!"

No comments: